Fam…. THE. TIME. IS. HERE! I can’t believe this is the FIFTH year I’ve covered the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale on YouTube, and this year is going to be the BEST YEAR EVER!!! I’m here to help you navigate all aspects of the sale – providing you with curated favorites, best value picks, restock notifications and sizing info.
In today’s post, we have (1) Our 1st $500 Nordstrom Gift Card Giveaway (2) Instructions on how to follow all my coverage throughout the sale (3) My top favorite picks!! and (4) all the nitty gritty details about the Sale with Pro Tips. I will also embed the corresponding YouTube video in this blog post next week! Preview the catalog HERE!!!
$500 Nordstrom eGift Card GIVEAWAY #1
I will be giving away THREE $500 Nordstrom gift cards this year!!! The first $500 gift card giveaway contest will be in my Nordstrom Anniversary informational video that will go live before Early Access, the second gift card giveaway will be in my Haul #1 and the last card will be announced in Haul #2. Below is the form for you to submit your entry for the FIRST $500 Nordstrom eGift Card. Follow the instructions in the module below and come back to this post next Monday when the video announcement goes live! Gift cards #2 & #3 will be announced in Haul #1 & #2 with separate entry forms.
CONGRATS to CATHERINE K for winning our 1st $500 Nordstrom gift card!!!! Email has been sent! Be sure to tune in for both Haul #1 and Haul #2 (which I will make international) for another chance to win a a $500 gift card.
My TOP 12 Nordstrom Anniversary Sale 2018 Picks
** These landing page links will be fixed to product pages when the sale goes live July 12th MIDNIGHT!!!! **
1. Topshop ribbed top | 2. Leith Midi Coat | 3. ASTR Floral Midi Dress | 4. Frame Le Slender Trouser Jeans | 5. BP Tonya Slide | 6.Sam Edelman Helen Ankle Strap Pump | 7. Steve Madden Petra Bootie (or Lucky Brand Yabba Wedge Bootie is great for a wedge option) | 8. Topshop Striped Jumpsuit | 9. Trouve Plaid Menswear Blazer | 10. Steve Madden Brinkley Over the Knee Stretch Boot | 11. Topshop Open Cableknit Cardigan | 12. 1 State Arnet Bootie
How to FOLLOW ME throughout the Sale!
4| Next, the best way to refer back to items quickly is to WISHLIST your FAVORITE ITEMS!!! It’s crucial to keep checking the site for restocks, so bookmarking your top priority items in one place will save you so much time and hassle. Here is how you do it!
WHEN IS THE SALE?
· July 11 Level 4 cardmembers get to PRE-SHOP the sale! (in-stores only)
· July 12 – July 19 ALL Cardmembers get to shop EARLY ACCESS (in-stores and online)
· July 20 – August 5 Sale opens to the PUBLIC! Public event is for everyone! (Prices go up August 6th)
WHAT IS THE SALE?
The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is the mother of all sales. Nordstrom releases hundreds of new arrivals across all categories at insanely discounted prices, upwards of 40% off. This is not old or in-season inventory that has been sitting on shelves – it’s all just released items. I’m talking everything from women’s clothing to home decor, jewelry, fashion, menswear… literally a shopper’s DREAM. Fashion pieces are mostly pre-fall focused, but contains a decent amount of summer and winter gear too. Preview the catalog HERE!!!
On top of covering this event for you guys, this is the time I do a major closet upgrade and get on top of gifts for the holiday season. I will invest in big ticket items, upgrade everyday basics and sprinkle my home with new treasures.
Here are the most popular categories that you guys have loved the past few years:
EARLY ACCESS & HOW DO I GET IT?
Early Access is the 8 day shopping period before the Nordstrom Sale goes live to the public. ONLY Nordstrom cardmembers can shop the sale during this time frame, including both Nordstrom DEBIT & CREDIT CARDMEMBERS. Level 4 members can shop the EARLIEST on July 11th in-store and all other cardholders can shop online and in-store from July 12 – 19th. If you want the BEST selection of items stocked in all your sizes, THIS IS THE TIME TO SHOP. Things sell out SO fast, and I will be on Instagram Stories to let y’all know when restocks happen.
Now please DON’T EVER feel pressured to sign up for a card you are not ready for. If you do not want the responsibility of credit, consider the debit card version. Please call in to the Nordstrom Rewards Service Center at 1-800-964-1800 to review your options OR read more online on how to Apply for a Nordstrom card HERE
In my personal experience, shopping online has been the best way to shop because:
- There is a limited set of sizes available in stores & they sell out fast
- Not all Nordstrom stores carry the plus or petite sized ranges. I always enjoy shopping the Caslon & Halogen petite lines during the sale and they sell out super quick!
- There are online exclusive items that never hit the retail store racks
- Restocks are immediately shoppable online (vs. checking the store constantly in person)
- Full color options are available online ( vs. stores sometimes only carrying 1-2 colors of a product)
- New inventory & non catalog items hit nordstrom.com throughout the 3 week period
Earn points for all your purchases! For every 2,000 points you earn, Nordstrom will give you a $20 Nordstrom Note to spend. Nordstrom cardmembers earn two points per dollar on their Nordstrom credit card purchases and enjoy special benefits at each level (see full list BENEFITS!). Personally, I have been a cardmember for years, and I love earning free store credit every time I shop (you earn notes a lot faster as a cardmember too!).
As a card member, you also get TRIPLE POINTS DAYS, where you’ll earn a $20 Note for every $334 you spend within that 24 hour period. You can schedule your own Personal Triple Points Day, so pick a day during the sale to splurge and rack up those notes!!! Simply schedule via in-store with your favorite salesperson, call into 1-800-964-1800 OR choose the option during checkout online at Nordstrom.com. The box to check in your cart looks like this:
Nordstrom cardmembers get the following number of Personal Triple Points Days per year:
- I LOVE taking advantage of Nordstrom’s In-store Pick Up service. If you guys are too busy to get to the store early, want to avoid mall traffic or are stuck at the office all day, I HIGHLY recommend shopping online and having the excellent Nordstrom staff pull all your items for you. You will get notifications when your order is ready and can pick up your goodies at your leisure!
- Comb through the catalog and find your favorite items. Having a preset list of key products reduces stress and anxiety when the sale starts. There are so many items to sift through once the sale hits, so it’s much easier to checkout with your top faves first, then browse around for extra goodies after.